Craig and Jess head up our plant team and their vast knowledge is only outweighed by their passion for plants and gardening. Craig is never too busy to answer any questions or give advice. We have a wide range of shrubs, perennials, herbs, climbers, alpines, trees, ferns, cactus, indoor plants, seeds and vegetable plants.
In addition we have a large selection of ready-made hanging baskets and planters and if you are looking for something bespoke Jess will advise or make it for you. We use local nurseries to supply our bedding plants, shrubs, trees, veg plants and alpines and whereever possible we buy British and we also use some Dutch growers.
Jobs to do in January
- Clean pots and greenhouses ready for the spring
- Disperse worm casts in lawns
- Recycle your Christmas tree by shredding it for mulch
- Dig over any vacant plots that have not been dug already
- Prune apple and pear trees
- Start forcing rhubarb
- Keep putting out food and water for hungry birds
- Protect outdoor peaches and nectarines with a polythene shelter to protect against peach leaf curl
Kings Seeds are based just down the road in Kelvedon, they are one of the oldest seed producers in the country and have a fantastic selection of flower and vegetable seeds. Come and have a look at the choices – we stock over 500 different seeds.