Craig and Jess head up our plant team and their vast knowledge is only outweighed by their passion for plants and gardening. Craig is never too busy to answer any questions or give advice. We have a wide range of shrubs, perennials, herbs, climbers, alpines, trees, ferns, cactus, indoor plants, seeds and vegetable plants.
In addition we have a large selection of ready-made hanging baskets and planters and if you are looking for something bespoke Jess will advise or make it for you. We use local nurseries to supply our bedding plants, shrubs, trees, veg plants and alpines and whereever possible we buy British and we also use some Dutch growers.
Looking good right now Bush Roses starting at £8.95 and Climbing Roses from £12.95
UK grown Clematis all only £9.95
Jobs to do in August
- Deadhead flowering plants regularly
- Harvest sweetcorn and other vegetables as they become ready
- Continue cutting out old fruited canes on raspberries
- Lift and pot up rooted strawberry runners
- Keep ponds and water features topped up
- Feed the soil with green manures
- Prune Wisteria
- Watering – particularly containers and new plants, preferably with grey recycled water or stored rainwater
Kings Seeds are based just down the road in Kelvedon, they are one of the oldest seed producers in the country and have a fantastic selection of flower and vegetable seeds. Come and have a look at the choices – we stock over 500 different seeds.