Craig and Jess head up our plant team and their vast knowledge is only outweighed by their passion for plants and gardening. Craig is never too busy to answer any questions or give advice. We have a wide range of shrubs, perennials, herbs, climbers, alpines, trees, ferns, cactus, indoor plants, seeds and vegetable plants.
In addition we have a large selection of ready-made hanging baskets and planters and if you are looking for something bespoke Jess will advise or make it for you. We use local nurseries to supply our bedding plants, shrubs, trees, veg plants and alpines and whereever possible we buy British and we also use some Dutch growers.
Choose from Bella Hot Pink, Devon Compact, Dark Royalty, Snowman, Spring-break Melanie, Victory or Strawberry Ruffles all in 2 litre pots stunning plants £6.95 each or 2 for £10.
Lavender is an easy to grow evergreen shrub that produces masses of beautifully scented flowers above green or silvery-grey foliage. This drought-tolerant plant thrives in a sunny container, herb or gravel gardens.
Jobs to do in May
- Watch out for late frosts, protect tender plants.
- Earth up potatoes and promptly plant up any still remaining.
- Regularly hoe weeds.
- Water early and late to get the most our of your water, recycle where possible.
- Mow lawns weekly
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of daffodils and other spring-flowering bulbs.
- Watch our for viburnum beetle and lily beetle grubs.
- Check for nesting birds before clipping hedges.
Kings Seeds are based just down the road in Kelvedon, they are one of the oldest seed producers in the country and have a fantastic selection of flower and vegetable seeds. Come and have a look at the choices – we stock over 500 different seeds.