Craig and Jess head up our plant team and their vast knowledge is only outweighed by their passion for plants and gardening. Craig is never too busy to answer any questions or give advice. We have a wide range of shrubs, perennials, herbs, climbers, alpines, trees, ferns, cactus, indoor plants, seeds and vegetable plants.
In addition we have a large selection of ready-made hanging baskets and planters and if you are looking for something bespoke Jess will advise or make it for you. We use local nurseries to supply our bedding plants, shrubs, trees, veg plants and alpines and whereever possible we buy British and we also use some Dutch growers.
Jobs to do in December
- Reduce watering of houseplants
- Check your winter protection structures are still securely in place
- Keep mice away from stored produce
- Check that the greenhouse heaters are working
- Take hardwood cuttings
- Insulate outdoor taps and prevent ponds from freezing
- Deciduous trees and shrubs can still be planted and transplanted
- Prune acers, birches and vines before Christmas to avoid bleeding
- Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops
- Prune open-grown apples and pears (but not those trained against walls)
Kings Seeds are based just down the road in Kelvedon, they are one of the oldest seed producers in the country and have a fantastic selection of flower and vegetable seeds. Come and have a look at the choices – we stock over 500 different seeds.
Spring Flowering bulbs now in stock
Spring flowering bulbs ready to plant now, we have a massive selection of Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus, Dwarf Daffodils and Hyacinths in stock now
Tulips – Plant September until December – Flowering time April/May
Daffodils – Plant September until December – Flowering time March/April
Crocus – Plant September until December – Flowering time February/March
Dwarf Daffodils – Plant September until December – Flowering time February/March
Hyacinths – Plant September until December – Flowering time March/April