Craig and Jess head up our plant team and their vast knowledge is only outweighed by their passion for plants and gardening. Craig is never too busy to answer any questions or give advice. We have a wide range of shrubs, perennials, herbs, climbers, alpines, trees, ferns, cactus, indoor plants, seeds and vegetable plants.
In addition we have a large selection of ready-made hanging baskets and planters and if you are looking for something bespoke Jess will advise or make it for you. We use local nurseries to supply our bedding plants, shrubs, trees, veg plants and alpines and whereever possible we buy British and we also use some Dutch growers.
Looking good right now Bush Roses starting at £8.95 and Climbing Roses from £12.95
UK grown Clematis all only £9.95
Jobs to do in September
- Plant spring flowering bulbs
- Cover leafy vegetable crops with bird-proof netting
- Clean out cold frames and greenhouses so that they are ready for use in the autumn
- Start to reduce the frequency of houseplant watering
- Dig up remaining potatoes before slug damage spoils them
- Collect and sow seed from perennials and hardy annuals
- Divide herbaceous perennials
- Pick autumn raspberries
- net ponds before leaf fall gets underway
Kings Seeds are based just down the road in Kelvedon, they are one of the oldest seed producers in the country and have a fantastic selection of flower and vegetable seeds. Come and have a look at the choices – we stock over 500 different seeds.
Spring Flowering bulbs now in stock
Spring flowering bulbs ready to plant now, we have a massive selection of Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus, Dwarf Daffodils and Hyacinths in stock now
Tulips – Plant September until December – Flowering time April/May
Daffodils – Plant September until December – Flowering time March/April
Crocus – Plant September until December – Flowering time February/March
Dwarf Daffodils – Plant September until December – Flowering time February/March
Hyacinths – Plant September until December – Flowering time March/April